A little taste of Thuringia made with wild forest mushrooms. The forests are full of herbs and mushrooms, and Thuringians are adept at mushroom hunting which is a science and an art.
- 150 g (approx. 5.3 oz) cubed onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 500-700 g (approx 17.5-26.5 oz) washed forest mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt and milled pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 liter broth (approx. 26.4 fl.oz) (use about 3 teaspoons of powdered
- 75ml (approx 26.4 fl.oz ) heavy cream
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 hard roll
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Sautee cubed onions in hot butter until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and sautee till liquid is reduced.
- Salt and pepper the mixture.
- Sprinkle flour and brown it a little.
- Add broth and stir in cream.
- Stir in coarsely chopped parsley.
- Fry little cubes from the roll till crispy and spread on the soup at table.
Granny's Fine Hunters' Soup translated by Johannes Froebel Parker from Thuringian Country Cooking: Cooking and Baking - Easy and Fast by Gudrun Dietze Leipzig: Buchverlag fuer die Frau, GmbH, 2002
site map - email@example.com
Copyright © 2002 friedrichfroebel.com. All rights reserved.